The 2023/24 PSL season is fast approaching, with applications now open, and an exciting new format for the competition, which is set to run from October to May.
Following consultation with some of the existing teams, the 2023/24 season is set to revert to the league format that ran from the PSL’s inception on 2006 up to the Covid-curtailed 2019/20 season, but with a new match format.
- Ten or Twelve teams, split into North and South divisions playing Home and Away matches
- Four-Player Teams – two men, two women – best of 3 to 11, sudden-death at 10-10
- All matches on one court, high-quality streaming from every match
- Matches played on Tuesdays, alternative days in the same week by agreement
- One male and one female player from the UK must play for each team
- All players must be in the world’s top 150, #1s to be in the top 45
(or be playing at a similar level – SquashLevels may be used an indicator or comparison)
- Top two teams in each division contest the semi-finals
- Final to be held at a neutral glass court location
Entries are now open and run through to 17th Sep. The final lineups will be announced in late September.
A provisional set of Fixture Dates will be provided shortly, with the Final Fixture List to be released at the end of September.